The rock band Revolver was formed in the Summer of 1977. Based in the City of Lynn, Ma. the band has gone through many “evolutions” over the years. Here is a time line of the band Revolver from 1977 to the present (currently November 2017).
Note to fans: This is as accurate as we can all collectively remember....it’s been quite a few years and the CRS (Can’t Remember Shit) syndrome may have set in....a little. Here goes:
Summer of 1977 - The Original Line Up
Ron Andrews: Guitars, Vocals (1977-present)
Howie “Zowie” Colclough: Vocals, Drums, Percussion (1977-2006, 2016 - Present)
Bob MacOrquodale - aka Bob Dale: Bass Guitar (1977 - 1991)
Bill Dunlop: Vocals, Guitar (1977-1979)
(Above: Bill Dunlop, Bob MacOrquadale, Howie "Zowie" Colclough, and Ron Andrews)
- In the Fall of 1978 Keyboardist Kevin Berard (1978-1984) joins Revolver.
(Above: Howie "Zowie" Colclough, Bob MacOrquadale, Ron Andrews, and Kevin Berard)
- In the Spring of 1979 Bill Dunlop leaves the band.
- Later in 1979 Vocalist Jan Vaughn (1979-1983) and Vocalist, guitarist Kristen Montcastle (1979-1983) join Howie, Ron, Bob, and Kevin to fill out Revolver’s lineup.
(Above: Kevin Berard, Ron Andrews, Jan Vaughn, Howie "Zowie" Colclough, Kristen Montcastle, and Bob MacOrquadale)
- In 1983 Jan and Kristen leave the band.
- Later in 1983 Vocalist Jane Crane (1983-84) and Guitarist Joe Mistrangelo (1983-84) join the band.
(Above: Bob MacOrquadale, Ron Andrews, Howie "Zowie" Colclough, Jane Crance, Joe Mistrangelo, and Kevin Berard)
- In 1984 Jane, Joe, and Kevin Berard depart the band.
- From 1984 through 1987 Ron, Howie and Bob spend most of their time in the studio recording music.
- In 1987 Barry Hynes - (1987-1999) Vocals and Keyboards join Ron, Howie and Bob in Revolver. The band starts out again playing frequently in the local club scene.
(Above: Ron Andrews, Bob MacOrquadale, Barry Hynes, and Howie "Zowie" Colclough)
- Looking for another guitar to make the sound of the band more full, It’s in November of 1989 that Jay Uva Guitar, Vocals (1989-present) joins the band.
(Above: Jay Uva, Ron Andrews, Bob MacOquadale, Howie "Zowie" Colclough, and Barry Hynes)
- January 1991: Sadness hits Revolver with the passing of bass guitarist Bob MacOrquodale. Rest in Peace Friend...Keep on Rockin’!!
- Later in 1991 Revolver fills the void left by Bob and continues on when bass guitarist Brian Foisy (1991-92) join Ron, Howie, Barry,and Jay in the band.
(Above: Brian Foisy, Howie "Zowie" Colclough, Barry Hynes, Ron Andrews and Jay Uva)
- In 1992 after a brief stint bass guitarist Brian Foisy leaves the band.
- Later in 1992 bass guitarist Roland “Rolly” Varley (1992-1998) joins the band.
(Above: Howie "Zowie" Colclough, Jay Uva, Barry Hynes, Ron Andrews, Rolly Varley)
- In 1998 Rolly departs the band and bassist Ron Belben (1998-present) joins Revolver. - In 1999 Barry Hynes leaves the band. Revolver plays without a keyboardist for about a year and a half.
(Above: Ron Belben)
- In the Fall of the year 2000 Tom Rossi- Keyboards, Vocals (2000-2016) rounds out the band for many years to come.
(Above: Howie "Zowie" Colclough, Jay Uva, Ron Andrews, Tom Rossi and Ron Belben)
- Throughout 2005 and 2006 after many guest appearances on stage with the band
Jim “Hippo” Petropoulos- (2006-2016) Vocals, Harmonica, Percussion joins Revolver.
(Above: Jim "Hippo" Petropolous)
- In December of 2006 Howie departs Revolver...in his words...”due to mental illness!!”
-The beginning of 2007 drummer extraordinaire Neil Buckley fills in on drums until the band finds a permanent drummer. Rest in peace friend.
(Above: Neil Buckley)
- Later in 2007 Drummer Jason Murley (2007-2010) formerly of “the Road Kings” with Ron Belben joins the band.
(Above: Jason Murley, Tom Rossi, Carl Dixon [The Road Kings], Jim "Hippo" Petropolous, Doug Gray [Marshall Tucker], Jay Uva, Ron Belben, Ron Andrews, and Rob "The Chief" Lutz in the back.
- In 2010 Jason Murley leaves the band.
- On July 17th of 2010 Drummer Anthony “Tony” Uva (2010-present) makes his debut with the band.
(Above: Tom Rossi, Jim "Hippo" Petropolous, Ron Andrews, Tony Uva, Jay Uva and Ron Belben)
- On August 14th 2011 the band receives the sad news that former keyboardist Kevin Berard passes away. Rest in Peace friend...
- In January of 2016 keyboardist Tom Rossi departs the band to pursue other projects and focus on his growing family and new job career.
- In June of 2016 Jim “Hippo” Petropoulos leaves Revolver to pursue other projects.
- June 2016 - Founding member Howie “Zowie” Colclough rejoins Revolver.
- October 2016 - Jim "Hippo" Petropolous rejoins Revolver
- December 21, 2016 - Founding member Vocalist,Drummer, Percussionist Howie "Zowie" Colclough passes away....Rest in Peace Brother....
- December 2nd, 2017 - Tom Rossi starts to play with us again. Has played all but one gig, so he's basically like back in the band or something.
Throughout the years Revolver has been fortunate to have many talented local musicians join them on stage. Honestly there are too many to remember, but big thanks go out to Brenda Francis, Regina LaCascia, Dave Stefanelli, Eugene Richard, Mike Morrison to name a few. Another big thanks to bassist extraordinaire Mr. Terry Cole for filling in on the backbone of the rhythm section with the band from time to time. We look forward to jam with you again!!
We would also like to thank the people who helped us to run our shows for almost 40 years; Our various sound-men, Mike Shea (1978-1979), Gary Colclough (1979-1997), Ted Bilias (1997-1999), Glen Howard (2000-2004), Rob "The Chief" Lutz (2004 - 2016) and lightning tech and fill-in sound guy- Jerry Fintonis (throughout the '90s). One last thanks goes out to all the guys who helped us move the equipment throughout the years; Brian Barr (Rest in Peace- date unknown at this time), The "Infamous Road-Kill Road Crew": Chuck DeFranzo, Russ Severance, and Doug "Jeff" Jefts (Rest in Peace Friend, April,2015)
The present line up of Revolver as of July 2018 is as follows:
Ron Andrews: Guitars, Vocals
Jay Uva: Guitars, Vocals
Ron Belben: Bass Guitar Tom Rossi: Keyboards, organ, vocals
Jim "Hippo" Petropolous: Vocals, Harp, Percussion
Tony Uva: Drums, Percussion
In Memory of Howie "Zowie" Colclough: Vocals, Percussion, Drums (1977-2006,2016)